Tuesday, April 10, 2007

002 - Transit in Dubai







Hello everyone,

I finally found an internet station at this beautiful Dubai airport where I can post a message to this blog.

Our flight landed at about 3.45 am local time (7.45 am Malaysian time). Our onward connecting flight to Paris is scheduled to depart at 7.45 am, and the time now is 5.30 am. My wife and I did not have much sleep on the 6 hour flght from KL. When we were about in the middle of our sleep, we were awakened for our early breakfast which was served two hours before landing time. It was a little too early for us. We ate breakfast anyway.

Flashback to April 8th - On arrival at the KLSentral station that morning from our train journey from Wakaf Bharu, we were met by our son, Faisal who would take us to Gombak. Ms Kiat Malaysia's SERVAS (www.servas.org) National Secretary was kind and very considerate in coming to meet me at the station just to sign my Letter of Introduction (LOI) as well as provide the stamp for the LOI. For the benefit of those not familiar with SERVAS, SERVAS travellers are required to show the LOI to their hosts when they arrived at their host's homes. This is to ensure only genuine SERVAS members are welcomed at SERVAS hosts.

The send-off at KLIA on the evening of April 9th was quite cheerful, with my two children and their spouses plus our grand son. My nephew Saufi and his family also came to send us off. We thank them very much. Our flight to Dubai took off at 1.00 AM April 10th.

Logging off now from Dubai airport.

No comments: