Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Responses from SERVAS Members

Greetings,

A couple of days ago I sent an email to each National Secretary, Contact Person and Key Person of countries listed in the SERVAS International website. As a result of that I already received several encouraging replies from some countries. I would like to thank those persons who have emailed me replies and messages. Here are the persons and messages that I received about this Blog of ours.

From Cristina, Uruguay:

"Hellow Abdullah!
I live in Uruguay and just received your comunication about the blog.
I never wrote in one of them...
I belong Servas since two years but didn?t use it yet.
I don?t know nothing about Malasya! could you tell me something?
greetings,
Cristina"

(I shall try to post some information about Malaysia in the near future. I welcome SERVAS members from Malaysia to please send information or websites that can tell our friends from other countries about our beautiful country , Malayasia - Abdullah.)

Anther person that sends his greetings to the SERVAS Malaysia blog is
Rami Rafaeli National Sec.
Servas Israel. Rami says:

"Dear Abdullah shalom,
Thank you very much for sharing your initiative with us.
We will forward your mail to all our members in Israel as requested.
also hello to David (whom I have met in Barcelona and Latina)

IN PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP"


My dear friend, Catherine Calderon, the National Secretary of the Phillipines sent in a reply stating "Thank you for the invitation, Abdullah! I will send articles when i have anything relevant to share. kind regards"

And Here is another email from Togo

Dear servas friend,

I received your e-mail you sent to me.I thanks you for your co-peration with us.My greetings going to all members in servas malaysia.

IN PEACE.

Koffi KOUMAKO

N.S. servas-togo."


From Iceland Christopher John Morden wrote:

"Greetings from Servas Iceland - I just walked along the coast for two
hours in a hail storm, so it´s nice to have an excuse to think about
sunny, warm Malaysia! The idea for this site is really good and I hope it
will prove helpful to the growth and development of Servas.
I moved to Iceland from Canada eight years ago and am a citizen here now.
I became the national secretary a few years ago. Servas is very
under-devloped here, although I am very happy to have just listed a new
host in our remote north-west region. We get quite a few visitors, as many
trans-Atlantic passengers on Icelandair flights make a stop-over here. And
with a discount airline, Iceland Express, now flying between Iceland and
Britain and Europe there are more and more tourists all the time.
With best wishes -
Kristófer Jónatansson"

Till another time, here is wishing you all the best,

Abdullah, Malaysia.